Straight lifting monorail
Straight lifting monorail description
A straight monorail is type of lifting device for moving a load from point A to point B. They are many designations of monorails: beams, suspended beams, IPE, IPN, HEA beams… the principle is the same: to move a load in a straight line by translation along a predefined path.
Straight monorail assembly
Assembly depends on the configuration of the site. Straight monorails and straight beams are anchored under a concrete slab, under an existing steel structure or under a self-supporting structure. In the case of the self-supporting structure, the couple beam and base assembly is a free-standing structure.
Single monorails / assembled monorails
Depending on the length required to move the load, a monorail is single beam designed or by splice bar assembly.
Types of beams straight monorails
Several beam profiles are available for your straight monorails manufacturing.
- IPE steel rails available on different finishing variants such as specific paint with or without metallization or galvanization process choice.
- Hollow steel rail designed to provide a great flexibility of the trolley steering. This type of rail is dedicated to indoor use in workshops without corrosive atmosphere.
- Aluminium hollow rail designed for its ergonomic qualities when handling loads in special environments.
- 304 or 316L stainless steel rail made of reconstituted profile. This type of stainless steel rail is delivered stripped + passivation processed. We can make a microbead-blasting finish for monorails intended for the space sector or food industry.
Attachment systems for straight monorail
Many solutions are available for fixing monorails:
- ADEI hangers
- Jack stands or pillars
- Wall brachet anchoring
- Flat-welded attachments
- Halfen rail
- Special ceiling or wall mountings
Straight monorail hoist
Straight monorails and beams inbedded in a lifting structure
ADEI designs and manufactures custom-made structures integrating lifting monorails and suspended beams. According to the context and the specificities of your design brief, we offer you adapted equipments such as: monorail gantry crane on jib support, bridge crane monorail, double-rail gantry with overhead crane, double-rail gantry with suspension crane, fixed handling gantry crane.
Straight monorails options
- Specific ceiling or wall anchorage: ADEI hangers, jack stands or columns, I-beam wall brackets, Flat-welded attachment, Halfen rail
- Standard or specific paint, special primer, sanding
- Stainless steel version
- Rail division into sub-elements with splint connection
- Manual hoist
- Electric hoist
- Pneumatic air hoist
- Trolley with manual, electric or air steering