Curved lifting monorail
Lifting curved lifting monorail Description
A curved monorail is type of lifting device for moving a load from point A to point B on a non-linear path. This type of monorail is manufactured by bowing to the desired radius of curvature, depending on the hoist carriage radius allowance.
Curved monorail assembly
Assembly depends on the configuration of the site. Curved monorails are anchored under a concrete slab, under an existing steel structure or under a self-supporting structure. In the case of the self-supporting structure, the couple beam and base assembly is a free-standing structure.
Single monorails / assembled monorails
Depending on the length required to move the load, a monorail is single beam designed or by splice bar assembly.
Types of curved monorails beams
Several beam profiles are available for your curved monorails manufacturing.
- IPE steel rails available on different finishing variants such as the choice of a specific paint with or without metallization or galvanization process.
- Hollow steel rail designed to provide a great flexibility of the trolley steering. This type of rail is dedicated to indoor use in workshops without corrosive atmosphere.
- Aluminium hollow rail designed for its ergonomic qualities when handling loads in special environments.
- 304 or 316L stainless steel rail made of reconstituted profile. This type of stainless steel rail is delivered stripped + passivation processed. We can make a microbead-blasting finish for monorails intended for the space sector or food industry.
Attachment systems for curved monorail
Many solutions are available for fixing monorails:
- ADEI hangers
- Jack stands or pillars
- Wall bracket attachment
- Flat-welded attachments
- Halfen rail
- Special ceiling or wall mountings
Curved monorail hoist
All monorails can be equipped with manual, electric or air hoists in standard version or specially designed for corrosive areas, clean rooms or ATEX zones (according to regulations). The monorail bowing radius also depends how the hoist trolley can be adapted. In some cases, bogie trolleys are required.
Curved monorails and beams inbedded in a lifting structure
ADEI designs and manufactures custom-made structures integrating lifting monorails and suspended beams. According to the context and the specificities of your design brief, we offer you adapted equipments such as: monorail gantry crane on jib support, bridge crane monorail, double-rail gantry with overhead crane, double-rail gantry with suspension crane, fixed handling gantry crane.
Curved monorails options
- Specific ceiling or wall anchorage: ADEI hangers, jack stands or columns, I-beam wall brackets, Flat-welded attachment, Halfen rail
- Standard or specific paint, special primer, sanding
- Stainless steel version
- Rail division into sub-elements with splint connection
- Manual hoist
- Electric hoist
- Pneumatic air hoist
- Trolley with manual, electric or air steering