Cantilevered lifting monorail
Cantilevered monorail description
A cantilevered monorail allows moving a load in an empty room where the lifting axis may not be accessible in the traditional way.
Cantilevered monorail assembly
Assembly depends on the configuration of the site. Cantilevered monorails are anchored under a concrete slab, under an existing steel structure or under a freestanding monorail structure. In the case of the self-supporting structure, the couple beam and base assembly is a free-standing structure.
Single monorails / assembled monorails
Depending on the length required to move the load, a monorail is single beam designed or by splice bar assembly. The overhang is strenghtened at the top or on sides to ensure perfect stability of the assembled unit.
Types of cantilevered monorails beams
Several beam profiles are available for your straight monorails manufacturing.
- IPE steel rails available on different finishing variants such as the choice of a specific paint with or without metallization or galvanization process.
- 304 or 316L STAINLESS STEEL rail made of reconstituted profile. This type of stainless steel rail is delivered stripped + passivation processed. We can make a microbead-blasting finish for monorails intended for the space sector or food industry.
Attachment systems for cantilevered monorail
Many solutions are available for fixing cantilevered monorails:
- ADEI hangers
- Jack stands or pillars
- I-beam wall brackets
- Flat-welded attachments
- Halfen rail
- Special ceiling or wall mountings
Cantilevered monorail hoist
All monorails can be equipped with manual hoists, electric hoists or pneumatic air hoists in standard version or specially designed for corrosive areas, clean rooms or ATEX zones (according to regulations).
Cantilevered monorails and beams inbedded in a lifting structure
ADEI designs and manufactures custom-made structures integrating lifting monorails and suspended beams. According to the context and the specificities of your design brief, we offer you adapted equipments such as: monorail gantry crane on jib support, bridge crane monorail, double-rail gantry with overhead crane, double-rail gantry with suspension crane, fixed handling gantry crane.
Cantilevered monorails options
- Specific ceiling or wall anchorage: ADEI hangers, jack stands or columns, I-beam wall brackets, Flat-welded attachment, Halfen rail
- Standard or specific paint, special primer, sanding
- Stainless steel version
- Rail division into sub-elements with splint connection
- Manual hoist
- Electric hoist
- Pneumatic air hoist
- Trolley with manual, electric or air steering